Thursday, May 3, 2007

Immensity: The Attributes That Are Only True of God


Immensity
Immensity is infinity in relationship to space. God is not restricted by space. God fills all things, and God surpasses all creation, and extends without end. God is the cause of space. God is not in space; instead space is actually in God.

Scripture
Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. (Deut. 4:39)

But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded? (1Kings 8:27)

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? (Is. 66:1)

Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD. (Jer. 23:24)

...the fulness of him that filleth all in all. (Eph. 1:23)

Application
We can trust in the greatness of God. Great things can be done by ordinary people who place their lives in the hands of our immense God.

In His glorious fellowship,
Brother John

No comments: